Mascarpone Cheese Recipe
This simple cream cheese is famous for appearing in tiramisu and cheesecakes. The Mascarpone cheese is an Italian cheese that is usually used in tiramisu and risotto. It is a soft white and milky cheese. Making a mascarpone cheese is easy and has only two main ingredients. If you carefully follow the procedures you can definetely make one yourself.
- 1 Quart Double Cream/Half and Half
- ¼ tspn Tartaric Acid
- Sanitize all equipment
- In a pan, slowly warm cream to 175°F (80°C). This is best done using the double-boiler method or bains-marie.
- Add the tartaric acid and stir gently for 10 minutes. You should notice very small curds being formed.
- Double up a cheese cloth and lay over a colander. Pour in the whey and strain for 90 minutes.
- Place colander in fridge overnight (over a bowl to catch drips). Ready to serve, keep refrigerated and eat within 10 days.